SA002: Pre-Sales Engineer for Telco Edge Solutions
About this position
We are looking for talented and experienced Pre-sales Engineer for telco Edge Solutions, who wants to be part of a skilled multi-national team. Our flagship product is a software platform called “NearbyOne” that helps Telcos enable the cloud-to-edge continuum through Orchestration, Automation and Observability. We are uniquely positioned in this domain for the fact that we are able to orchestrate all 3 pillars of the Edge: Infrastructure, Networking and Applications and offer a single pane of glass to manage and operate these 3 pillars in a seamless manner. These features together with the fact we are fully agnostic and interoperable, makes NearbyOne the most complete telco edge platform available today.
The market for Edge is enormous, there is tremendous appetite for our products and services. The global edge computing market size was valued at $15.96 billion in 2023 and is poised to grow to $139.58 billion by 2030.
As a rapidly growing technology company, we are looking for two (2) passionate and ambitious Telo Pre-Sales Engineers to join our high-octane sales team and be part of our rapid expansion.
In this role, we expect you to:
• You will work closely with our account teams to provide pre-sales technical systems engineering support for our service provider customers in the area.
• Collaborate with the sales team to respond to RFP/RFQs and provide valuable customer feedback to our Partner Product Management and Engineering teams.
• Collaborate with the sales team to gain an in-depth understanding of our enterprise and service provider clients and conduct whiteboard network architectural reviews to identify areas for improvement in network performance and efficiency.
• Leading/supporting customer meetings from a technical/solution capacity, communicating customer needs to NearbyComputing engineers and project managers in order to produce customer quotations.
• As a critical member of the NearbyComputing Sales Engineering team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, gathering requirements and identifying opportunities with existing and new customers.
• Conduct NearbyComputing partner product presentations of Telco Edge Computing Solutions.
• Utilize your expertise in network design and implementation, including 5G core and RAN architectures involving MEC and Telco Cloud platforms, to create consistent and highly scalable network solutions that improve network performance and efficiency for our service provider clients.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership on the products by leading Compute, Core and IP Networking vendor partners.
• Stay current with industry trends and advancements in core network technology, including competitive solutions, products, and services
• Author and collaborate on informative white papers on 5G and Telco Edge Computing technologies and products that showcase your expertise in network design and implementation and help solve real world customer challenges.
• Responsible for various customers and projects in multiple states, including multi-site projects.
• Work independently, including the self-management of projects. Help others and ask for help without hesitation.
• Contributes as technical expert in resolving customer problems.
• May provide guidance to other Sales Engineers.
• Offer design guidelines and provide recommendations to our clients and prospects in the region to enhance the performance and efficiency of the networks they support
• Work with Marketing to identify the right events to represent the company at exhibitions and conferences.
You are a good candidate for our team if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Telecommunications or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in L2/L3 networking design and implementation with a focus on Data Center, Central Office, Campus, and Wi-Fi solutions.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Cloud Solutions: Kubernetes (CaaS) and Virtualization (IaaS) platforms, including on-prem options as well as cloud-hosted. Certifications from hyperscalers and CaaS vendors are highly desired.
• Expert-level experience with routing and switching, including L2/L3 protocols, as well as overlay technologies such as VxLAN.
• Current hands-on experience in designing 5G core and RAN network architectures.
• Expert knowledge in Ethernet, RSTP/MSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, VxLAN, Multicast, Spanning Tree, and QoS
• Experience with Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) is highly desired.
• Strong writing skills and ability to create informative white papers on technology and products is highly desired.
• Since we are a 100% channel-driven company, you should have ample connections with SIs, GSI, Infrastructure Vendors etc.
• Strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales. Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Proficiency in Leveraging Sales and Digital Marketing Tools: The candidate must demonstrate expertise in utilizing a variety of sales tools and digital marketing platforms to optimize the sales process. This includes CRM systems for managing customer relationships, data analytics tools for market and sales analysis, and digital marketing tools for lead generation and customer engagement.
• Willing to travel.
• Fluent English. Business level competency in Spanish is a definite plus.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary in full time work contract.
• As a workplace, we are easy going and friendly; and as an organization we are characterized by flat hierarchies, open doors and untangled decision-making.
• International team! You will work with people from all over the World, at our Barcelona headquarters; 🌍
• Hybrid work schedules; 💻🏠
• Opportunities to grow within a fast-paced, innovative company and real start-up experience;🥇
• Flexible schedule (40h/week);
• Fresh fruit, coffee & snacks every morning.
• Please send us your update CV to email@example.com with subject “SA002: Pre-Sales Engineer for Telco Edge”.
• Phone screening.
• Technical interview focusing on your experience and what you love working on (remote or onsite).
• Culture fit interview with the Hiring Manager (remote or onsite).
Apply to this position
About Nearby Computing
Nearby Computing is a company headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, developing network orchestration systems with focus on the edge, on-prem platforms and multi-cloud environments. The company is becoming extremely successful and is now placed as one of the leading and most disruptive solutions in the market. Initially born as a spin-off from the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the company is now funded by key players of the telecom and IT sectors like Cellnex Telecom, Lenovo, or the Redeia Group (Red Eléctrica, Hispasat). Our company has acquired reference customers across the globe, and currently is kicking off large scale projects in Europe, North America, Middle East, and Asia.
Thanks to our cloud-native orchestration solution, IT/Telco service get access to a powerful single pane of glass to operate the compute infrastructure (on-prem or cloud-based), the network functions (user plane and/or control plane) and the application ecosystem through a powerful visual marketplace. Providers are enabled to bring Edge Computing services and 5G Private Networks to its customers in an extremely automated way, thus enabling the fast expansion of some of the most disruptive applications that will come along with 5G, such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things or the Connected Vehicle.