Who are we looking for?
Nearby Computing is announcing the opening of several permanent job positions for Research Engineers/Scientists, to support the research activities in the R&I areas of the company, i.e., Cloud/Edge orchestration, 5G Core/RAN management, applied Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML). The successful applicants should have a BSc, MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or any other related field.
The selected candidate will:
- Work on the NearbyOne Edge Orchestrator, a state-of-the-art orchestration platform for network functions and 5G-ready applications.
- Work closely with a team Senior Researchers and other Research Engineers
- Support the technical activities (coding, writing deliverables, contributing to proposals) in the R&I department under the supervision of Senior Researchers
- Design and train novel ML models for network orchestration (only in the AI research area)
- Participate in national and international R&I projects
- Publish high quality research in top-notch peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- Have the opportunity to pursue a PhD in their field of work (optional)
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Expected starting date: March-April 2023 (flexible).
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for highly motivated engineers with a strong interest in research, holding a BSc, MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a closely related field. The required skills and experience are:
- Basic required qualification/skills/experience
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as Python and Golang
- Hands-on experience with orchestration and virtualization tools like Docker, Kubernetes, OSM, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience in developing REST APIs
- Advanced experience working with Linux
- Ability to work with DevOps software packages such as Github and Concourse CI
- Experience on the design and implementation of ML algorithms (required only for the AI research area)
- Strong personal soft skills: communicative, highly collaborative, self-driven
- Other skills (valuable but not mandatory)
- Understanding of current technology trends in 5G/6G such as network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and MEC/NFV
- Familiarity with ML frameworks and libraries, e.g., Keras or PyTorch
- Previous participation in national and international research projects
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly
- Fluency in English (oral/writing skills)
Please keep in mind that you don’t need 100% of the required qualifications to add value to our team. If you are passionate about what you could accomplish here, we would be looking forward to receiving your application. As an employer we give equal opportunities and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you recognize the opportunity to grow your professional career in a cutting-edge company like ours don’t miss the opportunity to apply! All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
What we offer
- A full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary according to qualifications and work experience
- Long-term career opportunities and professional growth in a cutting-edge company
- Half-day Fridays
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Combination of presential work and tele-working
- Offices in the center of Barcelona city
How to apply
The interested researchers should send their applications in email@example.com with subject “Research Engineer”. Applications should include:
- Full CV, including contact details of two (2) referees
- 1-page cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
About Nearby Computing
Nearby Computing was founded in 2018 (Barcelona, Spain) and operates globally in the area of network and service orchestration, having a particular focus on the Edge Computing challenges. NearbyOne, our flagship product, is an orchestration platform that goes beyond market standards to manage all tiers of the network, from Cloud and Data Centre to the Edge, from a single pane of glass. Using a cross-domain approach, it is able to manage hybrid networks at scale through domain-specific orchestration. The solution covers all critical elements of deployment automation, i.e., from the initial Edge node provisioning to application on-boarding, to lifecycle management and QoS Assurance to SLA monitoring.
Nearby Computing envisions a hyper-connected, automated, and interactive world, where communication technologies will provide immersive user experiences. The mission of our R&I department is to advance the already revolutionary areas of expertise of Nearby Computing by transforming innovative ideas to applied research. Our main goal consists in bringing value to our customers and, to a greater extent, to society through our novel state-of-the-art solutions. Our R&I department has ongoing collaborations with network operators, vertical players, large corporate partners and public authorities, while it is actively involved in several public-funded projects in various domains, including automotive, private networks and energy, among others.
Cutting edge for the Edge.
NearbyComputing provides the most advanced technologies available for IoT and 5G applications.
This company has been funded by
Travessera de Gràcia, 18 3º 3ª
+34 936 550 050
Travessera de Gràcia, 18 3º 3ª
+34 936 550 050